Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thing # 12

1.
Title: Clara Barton : In the Service of Humanity (eBook) Contributions in Women's Studies, 0147-104X ; No. 148
by Burton, David Henry.
Publication: Westport, Conn. Greenwood Press, 1995.

This is what I looked up for Thing #12:Net Library. It took me awhile to figure out titles,subjects.But after using it, I can see it would be helpful looking up a subject that you would need quick info about. I feel confident about showing a customer how to use it & there might be a time that I would need to use it.
2.

First lady of the Confederacy : Varina Davis's Civil War
by Joan E Cashin
This is the title that I looked up in Worldcat. It was very easy to use . The closest library this title is located is in the Monmouth Cty Library system in Manalapan. I can also see that this would be very useful to me. This gives me the opportunity to look up titles that I may want that are not in our database. It also gives me the push to get a Monmouth Cty Lib card that I have wanting to do for awhile now.

No comments: